Finally finished another project started too long ago and left on the pile. My daughter had chosen this fabric to make cushions to put on the bed and I used the scraps for making a small table topper.
Not the usual quilting cottons. This fabric was satin and because satin tends to fray quite a bit I used this tutorial.
Once the squares were cut out I just arranged them onto fusible interfacing and ironed them on. Then it was easy to sew them all up.
Another reason for using the interfacing was because no matter how even you cut your pieces, satin moves around a lot so this method helped them keep their shape. I was stuck on how to quilt it and what colour thread to use so opted for a clear nylon thread. In the center where the fabric is patterned it was difficult to see where I was going but over all I'm pretty pleased with it.
Now this one's finished it's time to move on to the next UFO.
~ Maria ~