I'm doing 30 8" blocks. I'm still undecided as to whether to add a border or not. I guess I'll wait and see when they're all put together.
Last night I cut out all 120 5" x 5" squares and sewed them together ready for cutting into disappearing four patch blocks.
This was my first test block
I woke up this morning and rushed upstairs to my sewing room to start some more before beginning the household chores and managed to make another two. Three down, twenty seven to go. I'm hoping that by the end of the evening I'll have them all completed. Fingers crossed. I'm aiming to finish within the next three days and if time allows I'll make a pillowcase to match.
If you'd like to make one of these blocks I used this tutorial
Instead of making my cuts 1" from the center sewing seams I used 1.5"
~ Maria ~