Wednesday, January 8, 2014

WIP Update

Yesterday I posted about my log cabin blocks that I'm making for the 'It's a New Year Sewalong' over at sewcanshe. I made 35 of them and wanted to make another 35 slightly different. I was also curious as to how long it would take me so I timed myself this time.

Six hours and 35 log cabin blocks later I had these.
The ones lined up at the bottom of the photo have been squared off.
I didn't sit for 6 hours straight to make these.
I cut out the strips the night before and that wasn't included in the time. The following morning I sat for a couple of hours, another 45 mins in the afternoon and the rest were finished after dinner in the evening.


I like these better than the ones I showed you yesterday. Now I just have to decide what to make with them.


Taking a break from log cabins and moving on to a test bag today. I bought some bag handles a couple of years ago when I went to visit my parents in Spain and still haven't done anything with them so today I'll be using those.

I'll give you more details once it's done.

~ Maria ~





11 comments:

  1. Hi, my Dear,
    the colours you choosed, are beautiful!
    Have a lovely sewing day!
    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great Maria! love that you are making some quilt blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your on a roll....Go Maria!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness!!! That's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking good! I contemplate my hand at making some blocks of some sort, but don't think I have the patience! Can't wait to here about the test bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color combination in the log cabins. Whatever you make with them Maria I know it will be fabulous!!! Making quilt blocks is a fun way to use up those smaller scrap leftover from your other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a very determined lady, and I agree - you're on a roll! You're going to have quilts to show off in no time at all, judging by the speed at which you're creating these pretty blocks (after you finish the bag that is, LOL) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These blocks are very cute, I like the colors you have chosen! You have started the year on the right foot, I admire your energy!! Nice work Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh! I like it even better with the green added in. lovely!

    Thanks a bunch for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors. I like the pattern and movements in your lighter colored strips too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the colors in your first post, but the green really adds a lot! It looks like fun to try the same block, but a different color scheme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~