Thursday, November 13, 2014

Meet Rose

I'm off to my friends house for dinner tonight and wanted to give a present to her little girl who I haven't seen for some time. I was going to buy something and then decided to make something instead as I knew she'd appreciate it more.

So meet Rose.
Isn't she adorable. The last time made a rag doll was when my daughter was tiny. That was about 25 years ago so I'm a bit out of practice.


Embroidery is not one of my strong points but in the pattern there are two face templates. I chose the happy face one which is the easier of the two.


You can also choose two kinds of apron. The one I made or using the corner of a hanky so it comes down in a point.


I'd like one of these just to put in my sewing room. I love the feet. The hardest part was attaching the legs to the body becasue of the stuffing but a bit of hand stitching and then machine stitching over that sorted it out.



I found this pink polka dot ribbon on my last visit to my daughters. So cute.


I really enjoyed making Rose, it was a nice break from bag sewing. I'm out tonight but it's back to the sweat shop tomorrow. To be honest with you I could do with a nice evening out for a change.

 Rose is designed by Sarah and you can find the pattern HERE.

Happy Sewing

~ Maria ~



8 comments:

  1. She'll love Rose and that's the perfect name for her. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky little girl! Rose is so sweet, she is going to love it....and you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie!
    Happy evening,
    Hugs
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

    American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

    This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

    BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

    www.boycottamericanwomen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwww Miss Rose is quite a beauty! I know the pain of trying to add stuffed appendages to stuffies - what a royal PITA! Did you leave an opening in the leggies and fill 'em afterwards? I've done that before. With the fox I did last night there was an opening in the back seam so the tail could be added - you can bet the farm I used the hole to stick his tail out while trying to sew the body parts RST, lol! It looked like a massacre ... until I got it finished :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~