Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Mini Carryall

The house is all quiet so as not to disturb anyone I thought I'd post some photos of my two most recent Mini Carryalls designed by Jane Poh from Projects by Jane.

I made these two today. The first is a custom order. I sent photos of my fabrics to the customer and she chose this one which also happens to be my favourite fabric.

This one is to be used as a makeup bag but you could use it for so many different things.



I used batting on mine to give it a firmer feel. 


 The pattern is excellent as is usual with Jane's patterns. Well written and illustrated with plenty of photos to help you if you are a visual sewer.




The part that I got stuck on was the lining. Nothing to do with the pattern just which colour to use. I was undecided between pink and aqua as in the background of the main fabric. In the end pink won.


 This next one I used this rope type of handle and tabs. It speeds things up a bit not having to sew the straps and tab.








Jane has some lovely patterns all simple that a beginner could tackle and an experienced sewer could whip up in no time at all. You can find them all HERE, or HERE on Etsy.

Happy Sewing

~ Maria ~

5 comments:

  1. I bought the pattern and can't wait to find some time to make it. I love her patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a creature was stirring - not even a mouse ... but a bag-maker was busy at work! ;) I agree with Bethany - I just need to find time to make this :) Those bags are gorgeous - the jute type handle/tabs work really well - they give it an extra little kick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bags! Thank you so much for linking to me. I think I like the first one more because of the colours even though I'm not a pink kind of girl. And I can't wait to see Bethany and Sandra's versions of the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both look great, Maria, but I especially like the second one. Love the handles and fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~