You can guarantee that when the house is a complete mess and nothing is running how it should, that's when I'll get unexpected guests, so I thought I'd take a break from my orders and try to get my life a bit more organized.
A few months ago I made a single duvet and have been wanting to make the cover and pillowcases but have just put it off. Unexpected guests came round so I rushed out to buy new bedding and was horrified at the poor quality of the sewing. The set wasn't cheap either!!!. In fact it cost me half the price of the store bought bottom fitted sheet, one single sheet and one pillowcase, to make the duvet, duvet cover and two pillowcases.
The pillowcase when folded hadn't been cut square and the stitching was awful.
The sheet wasn't any better. Thread that didn't match, poor stitching and stitch tension, how on earth can they sell such rubbish. If any of mine came out like this it would go in the bucket.
Down one side they couldn't even be bothered to sew the selvage.
I did go back and complain to the store but they said that all the new stock that had come in this time had been like that and they too had complained to the manufactures.
Time for me to get mine done. This is the single duvet.
And this is the cover and two pillowcases.
On the cover I used popper buttons sold by the meter. Much easier and quicker than sewing on individual ones.
That's one set done, now I have to find the time to make a few more sets.
~ Maria ~