Finally finished the third wallet last night and took some photos this morning. The lady that ordered them let me choose any fabrics I wanted so she doesn't have a clue what I've done LOLL
I hope she likes them. She's giving one to each of her sisters as a gift.
Choosing fabric for someone else is so difficult when you don't have a clue what they like and dislike. I did ask her to give me an idea of colours but she said what ever I chose would be fine.
This is the order that I made them in and when I got to the third one I noticed I'd made a mistake. Notice in the photo above that the brown one is different on the inside.
I think this green one is my favourite one.
After sewing up the wallet I noticed I had forgotten to sew the card divider seam. I either had to unpick the whole thing or think of something else so I decided to embroider three little roses to divide the pockets.
After ironing the heck out of them I still couldn't get them to lie nice and flat so I put them between a heavy pile of fabric until the morning. It did the trick.
Today I reorganized my sewing room after hubby suggested a new design that would give me more space so now I'm just cutting out a makeup bag and then tomorrow I'll be starting on Sara's new test bag.
~ Maria ~