Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dining Table Set

Hi

Finally finished this table set of table runner and eight place mats. It took me longer to sew the binding on by hand than it did to make the whole set up. I thought the hand sewing would never end. I did try to machine sew the binding on a potholder first to see how it turned out but wasn't happy with the finish so went back to hand stitching.

This table set was made especially for the table it is shown on which is in my friends shop. I tried the set on my own table but it didn't fit properly. My table is narrower.




The runner measures 59" L x 16.5" W and the place mats 15 3/4 L x 11 3/4 W. I love the colours of this fabric and didn't have to piece any pieces together as this was the design of the fabric. I just had to decide where to cut it.









I still have quite a bit of this fabric left over so maybe some kitchen accessories would look nice.

~ Maria ~

16 comments:

  1. very pretty makes me wish I had room for a table that size.

    Robin in Washington State

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty enough to have a party!!! Fun fabric!! Reminds me of the 60's/70's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is FUN fabric - but oh MY that's a lot of hand stitching --- well done! That's a really pretty print - I love lime green with just about any colour, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that was really stylish. Simple - yet eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors/print of the fabric. Beautifully done Maria. How about some chair cushions to match with the extra fabrics? I love paisley and that fabric is great. Oh I understand about sewing on the binding by hand too as it took me hours to sew on the binding on my grandson's quilt I just finished. Makes your fingers sore, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really like this - beautiful fabrics and I LOVE how you matched up the pattern so that one flows into the other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWSOME job Maria! Must say I am glad it was YOU hand sewing all that binding and not ME! LOLLL

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is simply beautiful! I love the fabrics you used - very posh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that fabric and how you placed the pieces. When I was looking at the pictures before I read the post, I thought you had done some incredible matching up of fabrics. It is such a clever way to make a set of placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping by to invite you to My Wednesday Linky party. http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/11/whatcha-work-up-wednesday-linky-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. sew beautiful what a stunning set! and very inspiring!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautiful creation! I love the fabric you have chosen, the entire set is fantastic! For several days I was not connected to the internet and today when I came to your blog and saw all your creations, I decided to make a cup of tea and I'm here looking at everything you've done with great admiration.
    Thanks for all the inspiration you give us. Marisa-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is quite different. i am so impressed.



    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post with great info. Had a good look around on your site and I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These is a truely classy collection of dining table sets. I recently renovated my house and was looking for some trendy and stylish looking dining table sets. Your post has proved to be my saviour. These are such great looking dining tables sets. I wil surely get one for me as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~