Thursday, November 15, 2012

Reversible Christmas Table Runner

Hi

The weather is a little better today so was able to take some photos of my completed reversible Christmas table runner.
I originally made one of these for myself last year and back then it was an advanced project for me as I was very new to quilting. A lady saw mine and liked it and wanted one for herself. Unfortunately I couldn't get the exact same fabrics as mine but it came pretty close and she did say that it didn't matter if they weren't the same. Also I found this time round that after cutting out the 12 tree blocks the size wasn't right so after checking the distance between my needle and the edge of my presser foot, noticed it was larger than the required 1/4". So cut them all out again, that's how I came about making the mug rugs/potholders, I had 12 to spare. LOLLL All worked out in the end.




This is the reverse side.





And here are the two together so you can see that if you don't use a 1/4" seam allowance like the pattern says it can make quite a difference.
The original one that I made the mistake on is the one on the left.



~ Maria ~


12 comments:

  1. Even though one table runner is a bit longer, they are both great. As long as it works on the table it doesn't matter if you sewed a true 1/4" or not as long as you were consistent throughout. You could make your border a bit larger if you needed to.
    Your stocking is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this table runner! I need to make more stuff like this... it's always so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The runners look great !!
    Love the red polka dot fabrics!!
    Tell Santa that you need a1/4" foot.! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the way the Christmas trees face in different directions... really adds to the appeal. A beautiful table runner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! This is very attractive and nice table mats design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty table runners but my fav is the one with polka dots. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! And the mug rugs match perfectly...you are going to have the most stylish Christmas table in town! (Just don't spill the gravy on it lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, this table runner is great, is there a pattern that I can purchase?
    thanks. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have any general directions as to how long this table runner is and what size you cut the rectangles? Thanks much. I have a friend that loves this and would like one like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately you are on no reply, if you read this please send me your email so I can respond to you personally.

      Delete
  10. I would love general directions on the reverse side....love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think that is me that has on no reply...hmmmm not sure how to change that but my email addrs is limmers4@aol.com

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~