I posted about this dish drainer on the 1st Jan and it's taken me longer than hoped as I ran out of thread and had to wait for the two day holiday to finish before I could buy more.
This was ordered by a lady who wants to use it to drain her dishes on when she has guests.
It measures 80cm x 125cm.
I used the machine method of sewing on the binding to the back of the dish drainer and then folding it over to the front to stitch, so much quicker than doing it by hand and kinder on the eyes.
I bought fabric for the backing and thought I'd wash it first. Good job I did because the colour ran. Went out and bought another and that one ran too. By this time I was going to just put a white fabric on the back but the lady wanted it green so off I went and bought a third piece. This one was fine.
Whilst making this I also cut up squares to make a rag quilt but ran out of fabric so now need to buy more.
Tomorrow I'll be starting on a test bag so everything else gets put on hold until that one's finished.
Linked to http://quiltville.blogspot.de/2013/01/mystery-monday-link-up-jan-7th.html
Thanks for stopping by
~ Maria ~