Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sewing Room Wreath

This was a project I made during the end of the summer and have been meaning to post it here but kept forgetting to take photos.

We have a grapevine in the garden that was growing wild so I cut it back and twisted the branches into a hoop. When it had dried I added a couple of small pincushions I made plus some fabric flowers, you can find the tutorial for them here, then I tied some fabric scraps to it and wound a tape measure around the wreath. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and now adorns my sewing room wall.





~ Maria ~

5 comments:

  1. Wow I love your wreath Maria! What a wonderful idea for any time of the year. The red pincushions and green tape measure make it festive now, but it works for any month. This must really be cheery for your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I have pinned it so I can give it a try next year. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria! This crown is so pretty I love it! You had a great idea, decorating it with accessories from the sewing room , that is "Original" ... I love the result. I like all the details and especially to know that you did the wreath with a grapevine from your garden... 100% homemade, this is something that is priceless.
    Beautiful.
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~