Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I'm In November's Issue of Australian Homespun Magazine

Ok not me exactly but a bag I tested for Christine at ChrisWDesigns.

It was about a year ago when I tested the Sugar & Spice Bag for Christine and then was sworn to secrecy until Christine's bag was published in the Australian Homespun Magazine. I had to wait nearly 7 months until I was able to blog about it HERE. I thought I was going to bust a gut waiting to tell everyone about it LOLL. There was a lot of interest in the bag but then had to wait another 2 months for the pattern to be ready for sale at Christine's online shop HERE.

During this time I was approached by Homespun Magazine asking if they could use my Sugar & Spice bag photo and could I also write something about the designer's pattern. I was over the moon to do it and last month, one year after this all started, my bag photo was published in Homespun Magazine. Not exactly fame and fortune or even a front page spread LOLL but for a small blogger like me I feel like a celebrity now. LOL

 
My dear bloggy friend Daryl at Patchouli-moon-studio saw my bag in the magazine and recognized it so she very kindly sent me a photo of the magazine and the page my bag was published in so that I could blog about it. Thanks Daryl. Christine has very kindly posted the magazine to me and I'm eagerly waiting for it to arrive. I hope it doesn't get lost, this is a busy time of the year.
 
 
Here's a close up of what I wrote.
 
 
And that's the end of my little bit of claim to fame. I've promised Christine that when I become seriously rich and famous I'm going to catch a first class flight to visit her, turn up on her doorstep in a limousine and take her out for fabric shopping like she's never known before. LOLL

A big thank you to Christine for having me as one of her testers, thanks to Australian Homespun Magazine for making feel like a celebrity and thanks to Daryl for think of me and sending me these photos.

Now I need to get my feet firmly back on the ground and start doing some more sewing. LOLLL

~ Maria ~

8 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwww Maria congratulations - that's fabulous! Now I can say ... "I knew her when she was JUST Maria!" ;) You deserve the recognition - your sewing is exquisite, and you always put together such lovely colour combinations and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to being famous!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Congratulations! Enjoy your bit of fame. That's a very nice little article. You're very right about Chistine's patterns. And you are such a great friend to include her in your dreams! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is so beautiful Maria that I was glad to help out by sending you the photos so you could brag about being published!!!! What an honor and a thrill to see your bag in a great magazine like Homespun. How sweet of Christine to send you the magazine too.I am so happy for you...and to think I knew you before you were famously published. Now don't let all this fame go to your head my dear, lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Maria,
    that is great! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    Happy day to you, hope all is well!
    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! I also have a word to say "CONGRATULATIONS" ... this should be a Christmas present for you. Congratulations to you and Christine. I think I can feel your feverishness up here!!!!!! I love reading this beautiful news. Congratulations again, I guess it was for you an eteeeeeeeeeeeeeeernity to wait this long to give us the news ... but the news are beautiful! I'm really happy for you Maria, Bravo :))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh.. so awesome.. congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~