Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gone With The Wind ?

For those of you who follow my blog you may think I've disappeared. It's been one month since I last posted and what a month I've had.

My computer packed in on me twice. I had to change the hard drive on it. Luckily all my files were saved. My new sewing machine packed in on me too and it took forever to get the engineer to come and fix it which meant one of the bags that I was testing had to be put on hold and I had to turn down testing Christine's Dawn to Dust backpack but she kindly sent me the pattern anyway so that's on my list. Make sure you check it out Christine's blog where you can see her backpack along with the gorgeous ones made by her testers.




To top everything off I went late for my routine check up at the gynecologist and three lumps were found in my left breast. My doctors surgery is 5 hours away so I had a couple of trips there plus three other doctors. Luckily after seeing three I came across a fourth who was brilliant and said a biopsy wouldn't be necessary they were cysts which is quite common at my age. I won't bore you with the details of what I went through trying to get appointments with doctors and getting tests done but I do want to make a point of stressing how important it is that we all get checked regularly.

We all have busy lives, children, school runs, work, running a home and of course our hobbies, It's all time consuming and we always seem to put others first. I'd left my routine visit for two years. Please DON'T do the same as I did. I was lucky but someone else may not be and it would be tragic if the worst happened because you couldn't make time for yourself. Nothing is more important than your health. So if you're overdue for your check up DO IT NOW!!!!!!!

As for sewing I did manage to get some projects done. It's the best way to keep my mind off things. The first post after this one will be something I have been keeping very quiet since before Christmas. Don't miss the next post to find out what it is.

Thanks to everyone who contacted me while I was away. It's so touching to know that people I have never met are concerned.
 

~ Maria~

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! I've missed your posts. Glad you are okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{{{Maria}}}}} :)

    OoOoooOo you've been keeping secrets - I can't wait to read/see what's going on, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are back. Also to hear your good news, that must have been a stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria,
    welcome back and so good to hear good news from you!
    Have a wonderful new week,
    big hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria I was wondering what was going on since I hadn't seen a post from you in a while or a comment on my blog from you either. I am glad you got good news, but I am sure you were stressed anyhow. So glad to see you back in blogland. I hope your sewing machines are all fixed and working well now, and that your computer is behaving too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you had a stressful time.. but so glad everything turned out ok.. Good message for everyone, I am a few months for my annual checkup but just scheduled for next month. Good to have you back.. I too have been mia for a while, hoping to get back into the groove.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo glad everything turned out for the better Maria! I too have those pesky cysts! Hopefully soon you will be back on top of things again so you can test my next pattern for me! LOLLLL I've missed chatting with you too, by the way!....
    Christine
    ChrisW Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~