Tuesday, June 25, 2013

While They Were Sleeping

Last night I was so tired that by 10.30pm I was in my bed. Probably pretty normal for most but being as I only sleep for 4 - 5 hours at night this wasn't such a good idea. At 2.30am I was wide awake. I made myself some tea and had my breakfast, not being able to make any noise as everyone was asleep I set about doing all the ironing, still everyone was sleeping so I got out my batting scraps and set about cutting them all up to sew together. That's me being Scrooge frugal.
Got them cut up and still everyone is sleeping. I quietly emptied the dishwasher made another tea, answered some emails, at last hubby is awake so I quickly set about sewing my batting pieces together and now at 8.30am I'm ready for my lunch and afternoon nap. If I carry on at this rate I'll be going to my bed at 1pm and waking up to start the day at 5 or 6pm.

Anyway here's my finished batting piece to which I have now attached the top of a table topper I'm making.



~ Maria ~

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh you sound like me Maria.
    The only difference is I can sleep 7 hours but usually I go to bed sometime after 2am or 3 or 4 ??
    I also sew my batting together...penny saved is a penny earned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing your table topper. I too am frugal...thrifty...okay I'm just cheap!!! Lol. Waste not want not, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I piece my batting too, when I can - that stuff is too expensive to throw away or waste! How are you able to unload a dishwasher quietly?! I always manage to smash glasses and plates together and make quite a racket, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Maria,

    how are you?, you awaked at 230? oh my, you did a well done job early in the morning;)
    FYI only, drinking tea late at night will make you hard to sleep. I was having that problem too ;)

    have a nice week
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~