Monday, June 24, 2013

My Sugar & Spice Secret

If I'm not mistaken I've kept a secret since last Christmas. Ever since I've been bursting to let it out but was under strict instructions not to say a peep.

This is the secret. The Sugar & Spice Bag by Christine at ChrisW Designs.
Christine made this bag pattern for the Homespun Magazine and I couldn't blog about it until the magazine published it. It's now in this months issue. You can take a look here.

I've been using this bag regularly since I made it and it really is a useful bag. The size is just perfect with four exterior slip pockets.Two at the front and back.






The inside has another four slip pockets as well as two pen pockets so everything is kept organized and easy to find.




With a recessed zipper to keep everything safe.



Make sure you check out Christine's blog, her bag is made in the most adorable fabric I've ever seen. If you want to make one for yourself the pattern will be available from August at Christine's pattern shop or you could buy the magazine if you can't wait. Christine has the links on her blog to subscribe to the magazine or to buy it if you are in the US.

~ Maria~

11 comments:

  1. That's a delicious sugar and spice surprises - it's gorgeous! Your stitching is just perfect, and you pick such great fabrics and embellishments - that looks better made than most store-bought bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful bag!
    HAve a happy new week!
    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria your sewing skills are so perfect! Beautiful bag. My oh my you have been busy posting since we haven't heard from you in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got this one on my list of bags to make :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its gorgeous !!
    It must of been torture to keep it a secret !
    Beautiful job !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Maria! As usual.. :) looks like a very handy bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice workmanship - looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Classy and classic and I love all the pockets, Maria!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work, Maria!!! Love it and the color is one my favorite one for bags :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~