Friday, April 25, 2014

I've Been Spotlighted

While looking through my favourite blogs on Bloglovin I was so surprised to find I'd been spotlighted over at SewCanShe.
It seems that my little Zippy Key Fobs were a hit and got the most clicks on Caroline's linky party.
Pop over to see the post and also check out all the wonderful tutorials that Caroline shares every day. Today the feature tutorial is fabric yo yo's.


I've got some more things to blog about but for the moment I'm taking time off to do some much needed decluttering of the whole house. Yes I've lost my mind and have gone crazy.
Yesterday I threw out an old single mattress and 6 black rubbish bags full of cloths and dare I say it fabric scraps. It was tough going buy I just kept thinking 'be brutal'.

 I'm off to visit my daughter in a few days time and then when I come back I'll be back at the sewing machine again.

Happy Sewing to all of you.

~ Maria ~

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on being spotlighted. Why does that surprise you? Your work is beautiful. Have a great visit with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats my Dear :O))))) No wonder, because your sewings are georgeous!
    Have a lovely time with your daughter and have a happy weekend :O)
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decluttering is good. It makes us keep going. I think is part of nature. We do it just like the trees that loose their leaves and start sort of new again every year. Have a great time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that when I was reading the blog post in my reader - I thought I recognized the picture, then I remembered whose project it was, lol! Congrats on your feature :)

    Speaking of yoyo's, I brought a yoyo maker, fabric squares, scissors, thread and buttons in the car yesterday for our road trip. I made 6 yoyo's on the trip down to Michigan, and will make more on the way home. I want to do an upcycled jeans tote where the front is embellished with yoyos - I pinned a picture a while ago. I'm not all that fond of handwork because it hurts my hands - I'll just take my time and hopefully get enough of them done in time to make the bag for summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Maria, you deserve it. Enjoy your time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~