Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pencil Cases & Fabric Box

I've been wanting to post this here for days but have been taken over by the decluttering bug. I cleared away nine black bags of unwanted stuff. I feel like such a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Some of those were dare I say it 'fabric'. It was all upholstery fabric pieces that were to small to make anything with other than patch work it into larger pieces. I had so much of it that if I lived to be a hundred I would never have gotten round to it so I was really brutal LOLL.

This is the last of my contribution for my daughters craft fair. It's basically the same as the zippy key fobs I showed in a post HERE and HERE, just that I made them a little larger to make pencil cases. You'll be able to find the link for the tutorial on those posts.



A lady saw my fabric boxes and she wanted a couple so this is the first one. The second one I'll be making with the blue polkadot fabric on the outside and the patchwork on the inside.
I use these boxes for all sorts of things. I have one in the kitchen for my vitamins. They're great for keeping sewing things in and also makeup. Anything you want really.

You can find the tutorial HERE at Seaside Stitches.




Happy Sewing to all of you. I'm going to be visiting my daughter for a few days and then back to sewing when I get back. I've got four bags on order not too mention three from the bag of the month and another one coming on 1st May. YIKES!!!!! I really need to get a move on.

~ Maria ~

8 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,
    you have been so busy! Wonderful pencilcases, they look perfect! The Zipper you have made so wonderful, really perfect!
    The little Fabric Boxes are nice too!
    Have a happy day,
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful !!! Thank you for sharing the links!!!!! I love the color fabrics that you use.....great job Maria :))))))
    Marisa from http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Maria. First Liz and now you doing all this decluttering. Now that you are done with it, could you send the motivation and "brutality" my way. I am sewing in my small office now. I want to remove everything, clean the carpet and only put sewing things back in. Everything else has to find a new home or the black trash bag. I just don't have the room for it. Go have some great mother-daughter time. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pencil pouches are all beautiful Maria. I hope they all sell at the fair. I am do an art show on Saturday to try and sell a few of my handmade things. I hope I sell something, lol. I haven't done a show in years and years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the decluttering Bug was at your house but didn't stay as long ...sine you managed to get some sewing done!!
    Not fair!! LOL
    The worst of my decluttering is done ...yepee...sewing machine here I come !! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it's really hard for us to be brutal and get rid of crafty supplies/fabric - after all - we COULD find a use for it (eventually - if there were 300 hours in a day!). Other times - we can see very clearly what needs to be done, and to do it! It seems as if you had one of the latter moments, and got some major decluttering done - doesn't it feel good? I love all those pencil cases - the colours are so fun and summery! Nice basket too - I need to try that tutorial - I've admired it ever since she posted it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! The pencil cases are as beautiful as the little key pouches. Seeing your pictures... I'm thinking that you must have a big supply of zippers at home! And your stitching alongside those is quite neat.
    You mentioned to me sunglasses cases... I'm looking forward to seeing them too. (Unless I missed the post entirely.)
    I really hope your daughter has a great success as you seem to have put many many hours into all these cases. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your Sugar and Spice Bag pictured!!!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~