Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Joint Effort Bag - The Abby Bag

This is the Abby Bag which I have made several of but this one is a special one because it's a joint effort by me and my daughter. She's studying Fashion and Textile Design at university and has been learning weaving on a loom. The woven panel in the center of the bag is her own design and work. I just love the colours. The bag is my work. It's so nice that we have a common interest.




This last photo is the inside of the bag. It's reversible. This side I made with a velvet upholstery fabric in brown.
Sorry I don't have a link for the bag but it's by Vanessa Christenson of V and Co.

~ Maria ~

3 comments:

  1. Maria this bag is really beautiful, I love the weaving in the middle panel . A beautiful combination !!! You and your daughter have done a perfect job, I like that it is also reversible. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the shape of this bag and the colors go well together. How neat also that you and your daughter made it together.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was curious what this bag would look like since the picture is not visible on Karen's blog sharing. I am glad that I clicked to see your picture; I love the bag and will list it on my to make list.

    You might want to see if you can fix the link on Sew Many Ways.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~