Friday, January 31, 2014

Faux Leather Makeup Bag

Quite some time ago I came across a little felt pouch on Pinterest with an interesting way of adding a zipper. It stayed in my mind for ages until I saw Geta from Geta's Quilting Studio make some HERE. Now I was sure it was possible I made my own.

This method of putting in a zipper has got to be the easiest and quickest I've ever done.





You'll notice a double row of stitching around the zip. The first row nearest to the zip opening was stitched before the zip was put in to help hold the faux leather and lining fabric lie nice and flat. The second row was the zipper stitching.


I'm going to be looking forward to making more pouches like this and also making some up in fabric. I like that there is no need for zipper tabs on the end.


I made this to go with my Uptown Girl Bag HERE but then decided to give it to my daughter so now I have a good excuse to make another one.

~ Maria ~

6 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! I have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zipper install looks pretty dang sweet - is there a link to a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Maria! The coulours are very nice!
    Happy sewing day,
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. it has such a great finish. I'd like to try this - do you have a link to the tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria your daughter lucked out receiving this lovely pouch from you. But you can make another like you said. How much pleather do you have left? Perhaps you can make a patchwork zipper pouch for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW is that zipper put in? I'm always looking for better zips along my pouch tops and this one looks nice and neat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~