The weather is a little better today so was able to take some photos of my completed reversible Christmas table runner.
I originally made one of these for myself last year and back then it was an advanced project for me as I was very new to quilting. A lady saw mine and liked it and wanted one for herself. Unfortunately I couldn't get the exact same fabrics as mine but it came pretty close and she did say that it didn't matter if they weren't the same. Also I found this time round that after cutting out the 12 tree blocks the size wasn't right so after checking the distance between my needle and the edge of my presser foot, noticed it was larger than the required 1/4". So cut them all out again, that's how I came about making the mug rugs/potholders, I had 12 to spare. LOLLL All worked out in the end.
This is the reverse side.
And here are the two together so you can see that if you don't use a 1/4" seam allowance like the pattern says it can make quite a difference.
The original one that I made the mistake on is the one on the left.
~ Maria ~