Trying to rush through with my sewing in the hope that everything will be finished before the New Year but just realized that's not going to happen.
I finished this custom order last night at 2am. This one is for the lady that I made the Allsorts table runner for which you can see here.
This one measures 60cm x 60cm. The fabrics used weren't all quilting cottons, in fact most of them are polyester cotton. I knew that if I made the top completely before putting it onto the batting I wasn't going to get it properly square so I just made the center four blocks with the burgandy border first. Stuck that onto the batting and then added the other borders like a quilt as you go method. Once that was done I put the backing fabric on and then quilted it.
I'm pretty pleased with the quilting and was surprised how quickly it was done. Normally I get up every 10 mins or so but this time was determined to park my behind on the chair and not move until it was finished.
I put it on my coffee table to see what it looked like and it's perfect in my sitting room. The colours match perfectly. Now I don't want to part with it.
I've still got loads more sewing to do and some posts to add to my blog so I'm off to clean my sewing room and then get cracking again.
~ Maria ~