Tuesday, May 7, 2013

New Pyjamas for Hubby

Woke up this morning and decided that enough was enough. I bought hubby a couple of pj's when I was on holiday three years ago. They were Calvin Klein and cost me an arm and a leg. Hubby loved the quality of the fabric and were a perfect fit but unfortunately they ripped at the knees and I patched them up so many times that it gives a new meaning to patchwork.
I'm always making stuff to sell or give as gifts to friends so felt sorry for him. He bought two pieces of fabric to make pj's for him but just didn't have the time and truth be told I had to make the pattern myself like the ones he already had which I hate doing, so I cheated. Off I went to the tailors with hubbies patchwork pj's and asked if he could draw up the pattern just like them. It took him minutes and now that they're sewn I measured them to see if they were the same size and they're not a millimeter out.

One and a half hours later and here they are. That should keep him going until I get the chance to make another pair for him.


Notice the front is shorter than the back. That's why I didn't want to do the pattern myself. I thought I'd make a mess of it and then have to use the fabric for something else.


~ Maria ~

9 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,
    a wonderful Fabrics for a pyjama :O)
    Lucky Hubby you have :O)))
    Great job!
    Have a wonderful week,
    big hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Maria. My hubby too likes when I make him flannel pj's. Now he wants a summer one out of muslin. I have to revamp the pattern a bit and that's what takes me the longest to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids would LOVE it if I made them some pajama pants - I really need to get off my duff and do it --- yours are great - I bet hubby was really happy with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pants look very professional! Thanks for sharing and I didn't know a tailor would make a pattern for you! How cool to take something that fits well and get a pattern! Now you can make him plenty! lol Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. How disappointing! I was hoping for a topless photo of the hubby :)

    I can't believe you've got a tailor that will make you a pattern out of existing clothing, that's brilliant! Think of all the clothes you could copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great, better not let my hubby see this post or he will want me to sew him some. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband is a lucky person, that pyjama looks comfortable!!! I hope your hubby is aware that he is a lucky person. Having a tailored pajamas, is priceless!!! ( I hope that my husband does not see these pajamas, so he will not ask me to make one for him)
    Marisa from
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had a tailor who would whip up a pattern for me. Great job continuing the stripes from one side to the other, Maria!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've featured your pyjamas today...
      http://www.threadingmyway.com/2013/07/threading-your-way-features.html

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~