Sunday, May 5, 2013

Babies Cot Bumper

Yessssssssss it's finally finished. This project took me so long. I have a very short attention span so it was tough going on this one. There were so many little ties to sew, 48 in all. Then the binding had to be finished off by hand because I didn't want any machine stitching showing as both sides are visible.

My friends baby finally arrived on the 2nd May in the afternoon. I've only seen a photo of the baby girl taken a few minutes after her birth but now that nearly all the sewing for her is finished I'll be over to visit this week.
My friend chose the fabrics and asked me to make it in four pieces.








I was able to post about these as my friend knows what she's getting but I've made a little present for her that she hasn't seen yet so as soon as I've given that to her I'll let you all see what I've been up to.

~ Maria ~

2 comments:

  1. Pretty fabric and those look nice and soft. That baby will be surrounded by such a pretty bumper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What batting do you use? Your quilted items always look very sturdy and not at all flimsy like mine! Also, your tension is amazing on those, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~